Church History

Lingo Memorial Church was founded by Elder L.R. Roberson and his wife Bessie.

The church was organized after Elder Roberson and the saints went door to door talking and praying with people and inviting them to come worship with them.

The first Minister’s and Workers’ Conference was held in Harrisburg in 1927 at the Cameron Street site.

In 1930 Elder Roberson was sent to New York by Bishop C.H. Mason.

In 1930 Elder Kendall and his family from Pittsburgh assumed responsibility for the church. Later, in 1933 Elder John J. Perkins known as the singing preacher, was sent to the church.
After three years he was replaced by Elder Wyoming Wells who was later sent to North Carolina and was replaced by Elder Ernest T. Lingo and his wife Genieve.

The church became incorporated and officially registered it’s name as Lingo Temple on August 2, 1945.

On February 26, 1969, the Lord called Elder Lingo home, the church was sent Elder Joseph E. Bass, a young man from Mt. Union, Pa. To be the pastor until 1977.

The congregation was blessed in 1977 with it’s present pastor, Elder Benjamin J. Ravenel, The Lord is adding daily to the church such as should be saved.